Yakima Valley Community College will host its 85th Commencement Ceremony tonight at 7 PM on Parker Field on the YVCC Yakima Campus. The graduating class of 2014 includes 902 students ranging in age 18 to 67. Thirty-four of the students are Veterans and 67 are Running Start students, simultaneously earning their high school diploma and an associate degree. The college will award a total of 1,005 degrees and certificates including transfer degrees, professional/technical degrees, and certificates.
This year's keynote address will be presented by Lieutenant Governor Brad Owen. The student commencement speech will be delivered by YVCC graduate Ms. Yesenia Navarrete Hunter.
YVCC commencement is open to the public. No admission is required.
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer
- Pasco officer donates car seats to vehicle theft victims
- Oregon joins states where roadkill can be harvested for food