Yakima Valley Community College will offer its first bachelor's degree program this fall.
The school was recently approved to allow students with at least an associate degree to apply for a spot in the applied science in business management program.
The school says students will be offered courses such as professional ethics, management theory, and human resources.
Students from the YVCC business club say they are excited for the opportunity.
"Most people are going to uw, or they're traveling to Central in Ellensburg," said business student Korey Ward, "But now we can stay right here in Yakima, it's going to be great for all the locals."
The school says it is currently waiting on financial aid applications, which will determine if students can receive aid.
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Thrift store and non-profit continues fight against homelessness
- Police arrest suspect in murder of 14-year-old boy
- Man charged with assaulting 7-week-old daughter
- 10-year-old donates earnings to shooting victim's family