The YWCA of Walla Walla announcing the Ice Chalet will permanently close this fall.
A combination of rising expenses, declining use and aging facilities led the board to make the difficult decision.
In operation since 1965, the YWCA says the board will continue to evaluate the needs of the community and determine the best ruse of the space for the future.
The YWCA of Walla Walla thanks the community for the support of the Ice Chalet over the past 49 years of operation.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds