The YWCA of Walla Walla announcing the Ice Chalet will permanently close this fall.
A combination of rising expenses, declining use and aging facilities led the board to make the difficult decision.
In operation since 1965, the YWCA says the board will continue to evaluate the needs of the community and determine the best ruse of the space for the future.
The YWCA of Walla Walla thanks the community for the support of the Ice Chalet over the past 49 years of operation.
- Crews continue to battle wildfire in Selah
- PNNL denies whistleblower retaliation against worker
- Lawmakers react to GOP healthcare plan before the Senate
- Richland police arrest suspected child molester
- Are flying cars the next big thing in transport?
- Fireworks cause brush fire, destroying Hermiston duplex