The YWCA of Walla Walla announcing the Ice Chalet will permanently close this fall.
A combination of rising expenses, declining use and aging facilities led the board to make the difficult decision.
In operation since 1965, the YWCA says the board will continue to evaluate the needs of the community and determine the best ruse of the space for the future.
The YWCA of Walla Walla thanks the community for the support of the Ice Chalet over the past 49 years of operation.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities