The YWCA of Walla Walla announcing the Ice Chalet will permanently close this fall.
A combination of rising expenses, declining use and aging facilities led the board to make the difficult decision.
In operation since 1965, the YWCA says the board will continue to evaluate the needs of the community and determine the best ruse of the space for the future.
The YWCA of Walla Walla thanks the community for the support of the Ice Chalet over the past 49 years of operation.
- Home Builders Association warns flood victims of scams and provides tips
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park