KENNEWICK, Wash. - On May 18, the Tri-City Americans unveiled their new logo in front of fans during a special conference at the Toyota Center.
"I think it's awesome. It really stands out, the colors burst out. It looks great," said long-time Americans fan Jacob Langston, 21.
The new logo will be used during the 2017-2018 season. It celebrates 30 years of hockey in the Tri-Cities.
Tri-City Americans General Manager Bob Tory also revealed the new captain for the season: Michael Rasmusses.
Before injuring his wrist at the end of last season, Rasmusses lead the team in goals, power play goals, and points. For some time he also lead the Western Hockey League in goals and power play goals.
The team selected Rasmusses to represent them in to 2017-2018 season.
He was proud of the new logo.
"It kind of symbolizes the 30 years and how special that is so I think it gives us motivation," said Rasmusses.
- Warriors' Green heads NBA All-Defensive First Team
- Rays acquire SS Hechavarria from Marlins
- Reds LHP Finnegan returns from injury, suffers another
- Selanne heads Hockey Hall of Fame selections
- Cam Newton throws for first time since surgery
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd
- Stars ink D Lindell to 2-year extension
- New Zealand gets America's Cup revenge over Team USA
- Cavs continue trade talk involving George, Love
- Jordan Spieth renews Tiger Woods comparisons
- What Serena Williams wants you to know about domestic violence
- Durant heads to Hoopfest and Lebron cries