29-year-old man fatally shot in Granger
GRANGER, Wash. — The Yakima County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a shooting in Granger over the weekend that left a 29-year-old man dead.
Granger police and surrounding law enforcement agencies responded about 10:30 p.m. Saturday to reports of shots fired and an injured man found on Bailey Avenue, near Granger Middle School.
Officers found a 29-year-old man suffering from multiple gunshot wounds and administered first aid until medics arrived. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
“Aid was called and medical treatment was rendered, but without success,” sheriff’s deputies said in a news release.
The Zillah Police Department and Yakima County Fire District #5 also responded to the scene.
During the initial investigation, police learned someone had shot the victim from an unknown vehicle that was seen leaving the scene eastbound on Bailey Avenue. No suspects have been identified.
The Granger Police Department requested help from the Yakima County Sheriff’s Office, which has taken over the investigation. Deputies said it’s unknown if the incident was gang related.
Authorities ask anyone with information about the shooting to contact the Yakima County Sheriff’s Office at 509-574-2500 and reference case number 21C08175 or case number 21G0479 for the Granger Police Department.
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- 3 adults, 1 child killed in head-on crash near Granger
- Benton County detectives are looking for a convicted child molester
- Two drive-by shooting suspects surrender to police in Grant County
- Alleged suspect in Spokane homicide taken into custody in Kennewick
- Prosecutor — Yakima police officer justified in shooting at pickup that ran over him
- Yakima pedestrian in critical condition after being struck by car
- Yakima Health District rescinds masking order, will follow state’s lead
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.