Accused felon taken into custody in Richland following SWAT operation
RICHLAND, Wash. — Following a SWAT operation on a residential road in Richland, a male suspect wanted for numerous felonies was successfully brought into custody.
According to Richland Police Department officials at the scene of the incident, a male suspect in his mid-30s named Jordan Conner was arrested after a brief standoff. Officers told KAPP-KVEW that an anonymous tip informed them that Conner, who allegedly has several outstanding felony warrants, was staying at a residence in the area of Horizon View Lane.
That drew a widescale presence from Tri-Cities law enforcement on Tuesday afternoon. Responding agencies include the Tri-City Regional SWAT Team, RPD, Pasco Police Department, Kennewick Police Department, Benton County Sheriff’s Office, and West Richland Police Department.
Initially, law enforcement tried to reason with the suspect and asked for a peaceful surrender. The suspect allegedly did not give himself up, leading SWAT teams to deploy more intensive measures.
KAPP-KVEW’s crew members at the scene of the incident watched as a smoke device was used to force the suspect out of a residence. They witnessed the accused felon exiting a house and turning himself over to police custody.
This is an isolated incident, meaning there is no present danger for neighbors or the Tri-Cities community as a whole.
This is a breaking news story. An update and/or follow-up will be issued once further details are publically revealed.
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Woman ejected from car dies in Union Gap following altercation inside vehicle
- Bones recovered in remote Yakima County linked to man who went missing in 2018
- Judge dismisses Hanford, PNNL lawsuit aiming to stop COVID-19 vaccine mandates
- Teenager punched Kennewick police officer in the face after lurking on private property
- Hop Country Music Festival—Central Washington’s next big draw—benefits Yakima’s youth athletics
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.