Another Lawsuit Filed Against Chipotle in E. coli Outbreak
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — An Oregon man who contracted E. coli after eating at a Chipotle franchise is suing the Mexican restaurant chain.
Chris Collins of Lake Oswego, Oregon, filed the lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Portland on Friday.
Health officials in Washington and Oregon say a total of 40 people have gotten sick with E. coli in an outbreak linked to Chipotle restaurants in the two states. More than 40 Chipotle restaurants remain closed in Washington state and the Portland area while authorities search for the cause.
Bill Marler, the Seattle attorney representing Collins, is asking the court to hold the company liable for his illness.
A Washington woman, Charmaine Mode, filed a lawsuit against Chipotle on Tuesday in U.S. District Court. She got sick after eating a burrito bowl in a Chipotle restaurant in Vancouver, Washington.