Benton County businesses, non-profits can now apply for a second round of emergency funding
BENTON COUNTY, Wash. – More emergency funding is available for Benton County businesses and non-profits.
As of Friday morning, applications are being accepted for a second round of grants. Benton County commissioners designated $3.5 million in CARES Act funding to go towards this cause.
Available Grant Amounts:
- Up to $15,000 – Businesses with less than 20 employees
- Up to $50,000 – Businesses with 20-99 employees
- Up to $100,000 – Businesses with 100+ employees
Benton County businesses and non-profits of all sizes are eligible to apply for funding to cover expenses incurred on or after March 27, 2020. Here are more of the eligibility requirements:
The business must:
- Be physically located in Benton County.
- Be owned by a US citizen or permanent resident alien.
- Have been in operation for one year or longer.
- Use the grant to maintain or create jobs.
- Be for profit or non-profit (501C3, 501C6 and 501C19 only).
- Submit a business license or IRS 501c Determination Letter.
- Have had to close or reduce capacity to operate based on the Governor’s orders surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Have lost revenue due to COVID-19.
These local business grants will be administered by the Tri-City Development Council. To learn more and apply, visit www.tridec.org/bccares
The deadline to apply is August 28th at 11:59 p.m.