Benton County: Safely dispose of hazardous materials on Oct. 28
KENNEWICK, Wash. — Do you have hazardous materials in your home that need to be safely disposed of? You’re in luck — Benton County is holding an entire daylong event dedicated to making sure community members can take care of this.
As announced by Benton County leadership, a Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event is being held this Fall in the main lot of the Benton County Fairgrounds, which is located off E 10th Ave.
It will run from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on a first-come, first-serve basis. If they reach capacity, event organizers will close down early. It’s free of cost for anyone who lives in Benton County.
City officials also took the liberty of detailing which items will be accepted:
- Propane tanks
- Gasoline (less than 20 gallons)
- Gas/oil mix
- Yard chemicals and fertilizers
- Motor oils and antifreeze
- Batteries (acid or alkaline)
- Fire extinguishers
- Pool chemicals
Along with which kinds of items will not be accepted:
- Explosives and dynamite
- Gasoline (more than 20 gallons)
- Business/contractor waste
- Fluorescent bulbs and tubes
- CFL bulbs and tubes
Waste from businesses or contractors is not going to be accepted through this program. This is specifically for average citizens who have items that need to be disposed of in a safe and effective manner.
If you are a business owner seeking to dispose of hazardous materials, learn more about your options by clicking here.
TOP HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Newborn with ties to Tri-Cities hospitalized after fatal crash
- No sign of missing Yakima boy as his 5th birthday approaches
- Child rape suspect wanted out of Othello for missing court appearance
- Driver ran Kennewick stop sign, smashed into vehicle which rolled off road
- Walla Walla coffee shop and church to hold fundraiser for Trooper Atkinson
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.