Bluewood opens for this year’s ski season starting on December 17
DAYTON, Wash. — Southeast Washington’s go-to ski destination is set to open Friday morning with Bluewood announcing the start of the 2021-22 season kicking off on December 17.
The ‘Ski Bluewood’ team took to social media to make the formal announcement on Monday. They say that there are approximately 30 inches of snow at the summit and 24 inches at the base; clearing skiers and snowboarders to hit the slopes with confidence.
With that in mind, crews are working on the mountain to shovel and plow snow while others prepare the lodge and groom the trail for visitors from across the region.
Bluewood will open daily from Dec. 17 to Christmas Eve, though no one will be allowed on the slopes on Christmas. They will re-open on December 26 through January 2. If you would like to refer to the Bluewood operating schedule, click here.
With the second-highest base elevation in the entirety of Washington state, Bluewood has something special to offer anyone. Lifts will begin operating at 9:00 a.m. with guest services, dining, tickets, rentals and retail opening at 8:00 a.m. on Friday morning.
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Lawsuit: New state political maps drawn during ‘secret negotiations’
- Pasco resident seriously injured after being shot in El Mirador parking lot
- “The situation is dire:” Salvation Army NW is struggling to meet increasing needs
- KPD Foundation donates more than $6,000 to families in Kennewick school district
- ‘Hot water is a silent killer:’ PNW group files lawsuit against Corps of Engineers over water pollution
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.