Brush fire ignites along Kennewick railroad tracks
KENNEWICK, Wash. — Fire crews are on the scene of a brush fire that ignited along the railroad tracks near W Metaline Ave and N Edison St in Kennewick on Friday afternoon.
Crews from Benton County Fire District No. 1 were on the scene helping to extinguish the fire, which sent plumes of smoke into the air above Kennewick.
The Benton County Fire Department stated that trailers were threatened and trailers were threatened. A mobile home park was reportedly evacuated out of caution as fires spread in the region.
Winds pushed smoke onto the N Edison St, where cars were driving slowly and orderly due to poor visibility.
KAPP-KVEW’s Dylan Carter was on the scene of the fire broadcasting live on Facebook shortly after the fire began.
The fire burned across the street from Kamiakin High School.
This is a developing story. An update will be issued when more information is announced by local fire officials.
RECENT NEWS HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- City of Yakima raises Pride flag outside city hall
- Kennewick fire crews battle single-story house fire
- Richland parents raise concern over hot school buses
- Benton City arsonist is avoiding arrest, sheriff’s office offers reward for info
- Search and rescue team saves man lost overnight in Oak Creek Wildlife Area
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.