City of Richland selects new mayor, mayor pro tem
The City of Richland officially has a new mayor and mayor pro tem.
Ryan Lukson was selected by the council to replace previous Mayor Robert Thomspon.
According to the City of Richland’s website, Lukson graduated from Richland High School with his wife, Jessica.
He went on to study Business-Finance at the University of Washington, and received a Juris Doctor Degree from Florida State University.
Lukson has also worked as a Civil Deputy Prosecutor for the Benton County Prosecutor’s Office.
Councilmembers also selected Sandra Kent as the Mayor Pro Tem.
Kent was appointed to the Richland City Council in 2008 to fill a vacancy and was formally elected in November 2009.
She has also worked with the Richland Planning Commission and is licensed to practice law in Washington and Colorado.
The city also swore in the following re-elected members during the Tuesday meeting:
– Bob Thompson, Position No. 1, Re-elected, 2-Year Term
– Brad Anderson, Position No. 2, Re-elected, 4-Year Term
– Philip Lemley, Position No. 5, Re-elected, 4-Year Term
– Terry Christensen, Position No. 6, Re-elected, 4-Year Term
– Cindy Reents, City Manager