CodeRED mass notification routine test scheduled for Wednesday
PASCO/RICHLAND, Wash. — Citizens across Benton and Franklin counties may receive a notification from the CodeRED Mass Notification System on Wednesday.
The messages are sent to those who have chosen to “opt-in” to the mass notification system. Messages will be sent through voice, text, or email.
Messages are available in four languages locally: English, Spanish, Russian, or Chinese. You can also receive a notification via the Telecommunication Device for the Deaf (TDD).
Participants can choose their preferred communication language when they set up CodeRED through their county’s Emergency Management Website. For Benton County residents, click here. For Franklin County residents, click here.
The test is scheduled for Wednesday, December 8th at 4:45 p.m.
Citizens with questions about the test can call their local emergency management office.
- Benton County Emergency Management: (509) 628-2600
- Franklin County Emergency Management: (509) 545-3546
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Woman chases people in park with machete in Walla Walla
- Carlos Santana set to shred at the Toyota Center in March 2022
- Unprecedented unionizing efforts at Richland’s Fred Meyer prove successful
- Armed robber bound victim to chair in his Walla Walla home, led police on foot chase
- Moses Lake nurse pleads guilty to sapping morphine from patients to satiate opioid addiction
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.