CWU to host free Northwest Sport Management Summit on Thursday
ELLENSBURG, Wash. — Central Washington University is holding its third annual Northwest Sport Management Summit on Thursday for students, staff, faculty and interested community members.
The event is free, open to the public and features speaker panels on strategic communication and data storytelling in sport, speed networking and a keynote speech by Seahawks assistant running backs coach Amanda Ruller.
“Amanda has been breaking barriers in the football coaching industry and continues to do so,” Sean Dahlin said. “Anyone interested in this profession will want to hear her story.”
Dahlin — assistant professor, sport management program coordinator and director of the Northwest Center for Sport — said CWU is the only school in Washington state with an undergraduate sport management program.
The summit is a chance for students to network, learn more about their future career and make connections with people working in the field that they might not otherwise get to meet.
“These opportunities are priceless, right?” Dahlin said. “Us being in Ellensburg, somewhat isolated, we got to bring people over and so this is one of the best opportunities we have to do that.”
Other speakers at this year’s Northwest Sport Management Summit include:
- Tim Booth: Longtime sportswriter/sports editor with The Associated Press and a CWU alumnus
- Epiphany Clark: Associate AD at Michigan State University and former CWU development officer
- Stacy Jo Rost: Co-host of KIRO 710 AM sports radio program “Bump and Stacy” and Seattle Seahawks pregame show
- Matt Newman: Director of Recreation, University of Washington
- Tanner Swanson: Quality Control Coach/Director of Catching, New York Yankees and CWU alumnus
- Aaron Lampkin: Senior Director of Strategy/Ticketing/Premium Seating, National Hockey League
- Emily Gustafson: Marketing Data Analyst, Seattle Seahawks
- Laura Dahlby Nicolai: Associate AD of Compliance, Central Washington University
- Brandon Harmon: Associate Head Coach, Baseball, Gonzaga University
- Abe Silvestri: Senior Director of Team Operations, San Francisco Giants and CWU alumnus
The event will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Student Union and Recreation Center on the CWU campus. Tickets to the free event are available at eventbrite.com and a full schedule can be found here.
- UW School of Medicine researchers working on RSV vaccine
- UPDATE: Pilot okay after plane goes down in Franklin Co.
- Tri-Cities flag football team selected by Seahawks to represent Washington at national championship
- Wapato School District sued over student assault, disability discrimination
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.