Dept. of Ecology requests public comment on Hanford clean-up efforts
RICHLAND, Wash. — A public comment period regarding waste management efforts on the Hanford Nuclear Reservation has begun, and Ecology officials want to hear from you.
The public comment period opened on Tuesday, December 8, according to a Tweet from the WA Dept. of Ecology’s (@EcologyWA) Nuclear Waste Program.
The agency wants to hear about clean-up efforts involving the 400-area Waste Management Unit at Hanford.
If you have comments to contribute, you can do so by clicking the following link: https://ecology.wa.gov/Waste-Toxics/Nuclear-waste/Public-comment-periods.
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Yakima County survey shows 69% of shoppers are wearing masks
- Christmas Trucks illuminate the Kennewick roads on Thursday night
- Kennewick SD board meeting to change Legacy, Endeavor HS mascot under WA law
- Franklin County Commissioners approve tax to improve mental health, addiction services
- Unfounded threats against Richland’s Chief Joseph Middle School stem from student being teased
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.