Driver fled after hitting Wapato pedestrian on US-97
TOPPENISH, Wash. — State Troopers and law enforcement are looking for a driver who hit a senior citizen from Wapato at the side of US-97 in Yakima County on Saturday night. Authorities say the driver fled the scene of the accident without checking to see if their victim was okay.
According to a press memo issued by the Washington State Patrol (WSP), troopers were alerted to the crash just before 10:00 p.m. on May 14. A 67-year-old Wapato man was standing in the right northbound lane of US-97 as a driver approached. The vehicle struck the pedestrian and continued driving away.
The Wapato senior was transported to Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital for emergency evaluation and treatment. No further details on this person’s condition have been publically revealed.
Anyone with information that may contribute to the search for this suspect is urged to contact their local law enforcement.
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- La Grande man falls 150 feet off cliff; Life flighted to trauma center
- Kennewick car prowler caught in the parking lot of Kamiakin High School
- Pasco police confirm an adult man has died while crossing the train tracks
- College Place police crackdown on thieves caught stealing from Home Depot
- Prosser porch pirates caught after running from Benton County law enforcement
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.