Driver reports vehicle stolen following rollover crash in Franklin County
FRANKLIN COUNTY, Wash. — A person is facing charges for a crash they allegedly lied about.
Deputies with the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a vehicle theft in the area of Glade Road, just north of Dogwood Road overnight Monday, Oct. 10.
Officials say deputies arrived to find a rolled vehicle and the driver attempting to leave the area as he reported it stolen.
However, the driver didn’t get away with it and is now facing charges of false reporting in addition to DUI.
TOP STORIES FROM KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- RPD stops, impounds multiple vehicles for reckless driving
- Law enforcement looking for suspect that jumped into Yakima River
- Man arrested for drive by shooting, unlawful possession of gun in Yakima
- 1 teenage girl killed, 1 injured when Othello homicide suspect fired at SUV
- Wapato School District sued over student assault, disability discrimination
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.