Duplex burned, 2 cars destroyed in Richland fire
RICHLAND, Wash. – A fire destroyed one half of a Richland duplex and two cars on the Fourth of July.
Fire crews were called out to the fire on the 1100 block of Benham Street at Douglass Avenue at 7:31 p.m. Heavy smoke and flames were pouring from the building when they arrived.
Richland Fire Chief Tom Huntington said the west half of the duplex was close to a total loss, but the east half was saved. He said two cars parked in a carport were also burned.
One woman was inside the duplex when the fire started but was able to get out safely, no injuries have been reported.
Fireworks are the suspected cause, but that has not been confirmed.
This is a developing story.