Ellensburg extradite suspect from Hawaii for distributing drugs that killed two young men
ELLENSBURG, Wash. — A suspect was extradited back to Kittitas County from Hawaii after fleeing to evade Controlled Substance Homicide charges following the drug-related deaths of two young men in the Ellensburg area.
According to a release from the Ellensburg Police Department, Jonathan Rivera-Venegas was booked into the Kittitas County Jail on January 21 for two separate counts of Controlled Substance Homicide.
Rivera-Venegas allegedly fled the state while facing charges for the overdose death of 21-year-old Sage Francoi in August 2021. Efforts from the Yakima Federal Violent Crimes Task Force and Honolulu Police Department led to his arrest in October 2021.
There, he was served an arrest warrant for the overdose death of 16-year-old Mateo Quintero-Castano in Ellensburg.
On August 16, 2021, Quintero-Castano was found unresponsive by family members. Officers and Kittitas Valley Fire & Rescue personnel responded to their home and later pronounced him dead.
After the extradition process was completed and he was transfered back to Kittitas County, Rivera-Venegas was booked into the County Jail for two counts of Controlled Substance Homicide—a Class B Felony.
He faces several charges related to the sale and delivery of illegal drugs on top of the aforementioned felony charges, which hold a maximum penalty of up to 10 years in prison each.
- Thieves attempt to sell stolen ATV to deputies in Yakima County
- Semi-truck targeted with shotgun while driving westbound through Snoqualmie Pass
- Kennewick Doctor, Legislator champion breast cancer coverage during Senate hearing
- Suspect in four armed robberies located and arrested by Kennewick police, U.S. Marshals
- Washington AG files suit against Google for gathering & selling data using deceptive practices
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.