(CNN) - Before "Mean Girls," there was "Heathers."
The 1988 dark comedy is now considered a film cult classic, and it's getting a small screen update.
The trailer for the new "Heathers" TV series has dropped, and this time around the group is more inclusive of other races and genders, but there is still that viciousness familiar to high school cliques.
The original film starred Shannen Doherty, Winona Ryder and Christian Slater, and Doherty pops up in the new trailer.
"Heathers" premieres March 7 on the Paramount Network.
- Former Boise pastor charged with violating no-contact order
- Benton County to rebuild makeshift roadside memorial south of Finley
- Couple weds in Jersey high school hall where they met
- Northwest incident management teams prepare for fire season
- Yakima County chief criminal deputy announces candidacy for sheriff
- Mocha master: SKorea barista adorns coffee with works of art