Fire at Kennewick trailer extinguished months after they installed a smoke alarm

Kennewick
Image credit: Fire Chief Chad Michael, Twitter

KENNEWICK, Wash. — Smoke alarms are a crucial tool in preventing serious damage and in some cases, death from fires. Kennewick fire crews learned the value of using outreach programs when they quickly puy out a fire at a trailer they installed an alarm at just months prior.

According to a social media post from Chief Chad Michael of the Kennewick Fire Department, fire crews rushed to the 4900-block of W Clearwater Ave on the morning of June 22, 2022 for a trailer fire.

They sprung into action upon arrival, extinguishing flames that left only minor fire damage to the exterior of the structure. No civilians or firefighters were harmed as a result of the fire, Chief Michael confirmed.

In partnership with the American Red Cross, the Kennewick Fire Department provided this exact trailer with a smoke alarm earlier this year. It was part of an extensive outreach program meant to limit the number of fires in their community.

RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:

READ: Huge fire overnight destroys home north of Pasco in Franklin County