Fire crews spend hours dousing brush fire in Benton County
BENTON COUNTY, Wash. — A brush fire burned close to homes in Benton County Wednesday afternoon, June 15.
Crews responded to the fire just off I-82, in the 15000 block of S. Toure Private Road SE, southwest of the Tri-Cities, shortly after 2:15 p.m.
According to a nearby resident, landscapers had been doing a controlled burn in the area when they lost control of the fire.
Crews worked for several hours to ensure the fire was doused and hot spots were taken care of.
Despite a wet spring, vegetation can dry out quickly. Fires can quickly get out of hand, especially when the wind picks up.
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- No foul play suspected in Moses Lake car fire that claimed a man’s life
- PBR Challenger Series saddles up at the Toyota Center in September 2022
- Fiery crash in Burbank injured at least one person, shut down U.S. 12 at Dodd Rd
- Snoqualmie Pass summer travel will be delayed due to construction projects across I-90
- Kennewick Home damaged by fire Wednesday evening
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.