Fire Weather Warning
East Slopes of the Northern Oregon Cascades-
East Slopes of the Southern Washington Cascades-
1101 AM PDT Sat Jul 15 2017
…RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM PDT THIS EVENING
FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 639 IN
OREGON AND 639 IN WASHINGTON…
* AFFECTED AREA…Fire weather zone 639 in Washington and Fire
weather zone 639 in Oregon.
* TIMING…Westerly winds will increase by early afternoon and
continue through the evening, behind a surface front.
Humidity values will reach critical values during the
afternoon and early evening hours.
* WIND…West winds 15 to 25 mph, with gusts up to 35 mph in
the Columbia Gorge.
* HUMIDITY…19 to 29 percent.
* IMPACTS…Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now….or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds…low relative humidity…and very warm temperatures
can contribute to extreme fire behavior.