Fire Weather Warning
East Slopes of the Northern Oregon Cascades-
East Slopes of the Southern Washington Cascades-
228 PM PDT Wed Aug 1 2018
…RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM PDT THIS
EVENING FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES
OREGON 639 AND WASHINGTON 639…
* AFFECTED AREA…Oregon and Washington fire zone 639.
* TIMING…Until 10 PM this evening.
* WIND…West to northwest 15 to 25 mph.
* HUMIDITY…12 to 20 percent.
* IMPACTS…any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now….or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds…low relative humidity…and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.