Fire Weather Warning
Lower Columbia Basin of Oregon-Lower Columbia Basin of Washington-
Eastern Washington Southern Columbia Basin-
847 AM PDT Mon Aug 20 2018
…RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM PDT THIS EVENING
FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 641 AND
* AFFECTED AREA…Fire weather zone 641 in Oregon and
Washington. Fire weather zone 675 in Washington.
* TIMING…Winds will increase through the morning. Relative
humidity will reach critical values before noon. Relative
humidity will improve late Monday evening.
* WIND…In FWZ 675 north winds 9 to 18 mph with gusts to 30
mph. Highest winds on exposed ridges. In FWZ 641 north to
northeast winds 4 to 8 mph increasing to 6 to 11 mph with
gusts to 25 mph in the afternoon. Winds will decrease in both
zones after sundown.
* HUMIDITY…15 to 20 percent in the afternoon.
* IMPACTS…any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now….or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds…low relative humidity…and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.