Fire Weather Warning
East Slopes of Central Oregon Cascades-
East Slopes of the Northern Oregon Cascades-
East Slopes of the Southern Washington Cascades-
214 PM PDT Mon Jul 2 2018
…RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM PDT THIS
EVENING FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES
610, 639, 639, 640, 641, 641, AND 675…
* AFFECTED AREA…In Washington…fire zone covering the Simcoe
Highlands and the Eastern Columbia River Gorge. In Oregon…
fire zones 610 and 639 covering the east slopes of the Oregon
Cascades and the Eastern Columbia River Gorge.
* TIMING…until 11 PM this evening.
* WIND…Westerly winds 15 to 30 mph with gusts 35 mph. In the
Eastern Columbia River Gorge…gusts 35 to 40 mph.
* HUMIDITY…20 to 35 percent through this evening.
* IMPACTS…Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now….or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds…low relative humidity…and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.