Fire Weather Warning
Central Mountains of Oregon-Lower Columbia Basin of Oregon-
1007 AM PDT Fri Jul 6 2018
…RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM PDT THIS EVENING
FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONE 641…
* AFFECTED AREAS…In Oregon…fire zone 640 covering the
Prineville District and the Crooked River Grasslands…and zone
641 covering the Lower Columbia Basin of Oregon.
* TIMING…Winds will increase today and become breezy during the
late afternoon and evening. The most concern will be during the
peak heating of the day when the humidity has reached its
* WIND…West to Northwest 12 to 25 mph with gust up to 35 mph.
* HUMIDITY…15 to 25 percent with the lowest humidity in central
* IMPACTS…Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now….or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds…low relative humidity…and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.