Fire Weather Warning
East Slopes of the Northern Oregon Cascades-
East Slopes of the Southern Washington Cascades-
207 PM PDT Wed Jul 18 2018
…RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM PDT THIS EVENING
FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONE 639…
…RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM TO 9 PM PDT THURSDAY FOR
GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY…
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a Red Flag
Warning, which is in effect from 10 AM to 9 PM PDT Thursday.
* AFFECTED AREA…Washington and Oregon fire zone 639 covering
the Simcoe Highlands…the Eastern Columbia River Gorge…and
the east slopes of the Mount Hood National Forest.
* TIMING…Windy conditions will continue through this evening
then decrease overnight. However, winds will increase again
Thursday morning and become windy during the day.
* WIND…West winds 20 to 30 mph with local gusts to 35 mph.
* HUMIDITY…15 to 25 percent.
* IMPACTS…Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Winds will likely pose significant fire suppression problems
for the Substation Wildfire. Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now….or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds…low relative humidity…and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.