Head-on collision with hop truck in Benton County kills one person
BENTON COUNTY, Wash. — Benton County Sheriff’s Office and Washington State Patrol (WSP) are investigating a deadly head-on collision between a hop truck and personal vehicle Saturday morning.
Officers were dispatched to West Hanks Road between North County Line Road and North Griffin Road at 6:55 a.m. on September 18th. The crash was between a hop truck and a personal vehicle.
The driver of the personal vehicle was not wearing a seatbelt and was pronounced deceased on scene, according to Benton County Sheriff’s Office. There does not appear to be a cause for the crash, but no alcohol or drugs were involved.
The driver of the hop truck has been transported to Astria Sunnyside Hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
Benton County Sheriff’s Office is not releasing names of involved parties in the collision at this time.
WSP and Benton County Sheriff’s Office are working together to investigate the cause of the crash.
MORE FROM THE YAKTRINEWS STAFF:
- Gun shots wake up College Place residents overnight; police looking for information
- RAIN! First fall storm brings much needed moisture to Tri-Cities, Northwest
- Japanese beetle infestation threatens Yakima Valley growers
- Pasco Police Department adds de-escalation tool
- EXPLAINER: What are ‘Crisis Standards of Care?’
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.