Reports: WSU’s Nick Rolovich fired for failing to meet vaccine requirement
PULLMAN, Wash. — Reports say Washington State University (WSU) head football coach Nick Rolovich was fired on Monday for not meeting the state’s COVID-19 vaccine requirement.
Rolovich announced in July he had elected not to receive the vaccine but said he would follow all university and state protocols. It was recently revealed that he had filed for a religious exemption.
Monday marked the deadline for state employees to show proof of full vaccination or request an exemption and receive accommodations. Anyone who did not meet the requirement faces termination.
Rolovich has been with the Cougs since early 2020 when he replaced Mike Leach as head coach.
It’s not clear who will take over the head coaching duties with Rolovich out.
This is a developing story. Stay with 4 News Now for updates.
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Five people hospitalized in car accident west of Connell
- Hanford High creatives gain national attention with films, podcasts
- Kennewick schools seek approval from Native American tribes to avoid re-branding
- Man who shot his ex outside of Toppenish casino had long history of domestic assault
- SIU identifies DUI suspect who rammed into Kennewick PD officers & patrol cars over the weekend
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.