Washington’s new outdoor mask mandate now in effect
Washington’s new mask requirement is now in effect. It requires people to wear masks or face coverings at events with 500 or more attendees.
People attending these events, like professional sports games or outdoor concerts, must wear a mask regardless of their vaccination status.
The Central Washington State Fair at the State Fair Park in Yakima is the last and longest of its kind during fair season. There was no fair in 2020; for 2021, it runs Friday, September 24 to Sunday, October 3 and will feature more than 40 midway rides, fair food, livestock exhibits, stage shows and concert performances — including a Sept. 28 performance by Josh Turner, who had to cancel his 2019 appearance due to a deadly tour bus crash.
The new mandate, which is intended to protect people when they are unable to socially distance, comes as COVID-19 cases surge in Washington. The majority of those cases are among the unvaccinated.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.
RELATED ARTICLES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Washington state workers union agrees to COVID mandate terms
- Sweeping new vaccine mandates for 100 million Americans
- Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers slams Biden’s vaccine requirement
- Police, firefighters sue Gov. Brown over vaccination mandate
- Multnomah County law enforcement exempt from vaccine mandate
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF: