Kennewick firefighters respond to house fire near Columbia Park
KENNEWICK, Wash. — Fire crews promptly responded to a residential house fire on Arrowhead Ave near Columbia Park in Kennewick this afternoon.
KAPP-KVEW’s Dru Miller spoke with Kennewick Fire Chief Lonnie Click on the scene of the fire. According to the Fire Chief, the fire likely originated in the attic of a single-story home. The fire is said to have spread through the roof, but only minor damage was sustained.
Chief Click also confirmed that all people and pets were evacuated from the building. The cause of the fire is currently under investigation.
This is a developing story that will be updated or followed-up when further details are announced.
LOCAL NEWS HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS TEAM:
- Protesters rally to stop Asian hate in Richland
- Windstorm roundup: Fallen trees, runaway trampolines, flying monkeys?
- Richland students, parents share excitement over full-time return to school
- Suspected Kennewick kidnapper arrested re-entering the country after 13 years
CORONAVIRUS HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS TEAM:
- FEMA to give out 1,000 vaccines daily in Yakima County
- Eligible for the vaccine? Health officials say make an appointment ASAP
- WATCH: Benton County Fairgrounds vaccinate 1,522 during extended hours
- Washington updates school guidelines, clearing way for a return to in-person education
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.