Kennewick man, 26, arrested for allegedly exploiting children sexually
KENNEWICK, Wash. — Detectives from the Kennewick Police Department arrested a 26-year-old Tri-Cities resident after uncovering evidence that he allegedly sexually exploited children.
According to a release issued by the KPD, officers arrested Chanse J. Harmelle of Kennewick on June 8, 2022. Leading up to the arrest, they have been investigating allegations against him by scouring social media and assessing tips.
They found that he allegedly used social media applications to make immoral contact with underaged victims.
Following his arrest, Harmelle was charged with two counts of Rape of a Child in the third degree, one count of Rape of a Child in the second degree, and one count of Promoting a Suicide Attempt. All four of the charges were submitted by the Benton County Prosecutor’s Office.
Anyone with information pertaining to this case is urged to contact the Kennewick Police Department immediately. If you have details to offer, call the KPD non-emergency dispatch line at 509-628-0333 or anonymously send a tip via www.KPDtips.com.
This is a breaking news story. An update and/or follow-up will be issued if further details are revealed.
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Illegal woodcutting operation near Cle Elum uncovered by KCSO deputy
- Benton Franklin Humane Society contract with TCAS to run out this July
- Kennewick Public Market sees a steady flow of business weeks after opening
- Washington’s public officials & experts react to SCOTUS overturning Roe v. Wade
- Yakima County sheriff supports creating a local crime lab to speed up investigations
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.