Kennewick PD: Suspect attacked motorcyclist, stole bike and fled
KENNEWICK, Wash. — Police investigators are searching for information on an assault and robbery in which the suspect allegedly attacked a motorcyclist on a busy road near the west side of Kennewick.
According to a public notice from the Kennewick Police Department, the attack took place just before 9:00 p.m. on August 2 when officers received a call reporting a robbery. Officials learned that the victim was standing next to his parked motorcycle on the side of the roadway on the 7700-block of W Deschutes Ave.
Kennewick police say that the suspect, only identified as a male, allegedly confronted the victim, assaulted him and stole the motorcycle. The suspect is said to have sped off—though it’s unclear which direction they rode toward.
The closest intersection to the 7700-block of W Deschutes Ave is at N Columbia Center Dr—one of the busiest roads in the entire city. If you witnessed the assault or a suspicious man riding away from the area on a motorcycle at high speeds, you may be of help.
Police investigators are asking for Kennewick community members to step forward with any information related to this case or anyone who was involved. If you have information, you can contact the Kennewick Police Department’s non-emergency dispatch line at 509-628-0333 or submit an anonymous tip online at KPDtips.com.
This is a breaking news story. An update and/or follow-up may be issued if further details come to light.
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Mesa homicide suspect allegedly kidnapped two children, caught in Oregon
- Yakima pediatrician named ‘Local Hero’ for his vast impact on children’s health
- Cow Canyon Fire still 0% contained at 5,600 acres despite effort of 300 responders
- Lind Fire is contained, evacuations lifted following loss of more than a dozen structures
- Woman accused of animal neglect disappears from Hermiston after relinquishing a dozen dogs
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.