Kennewick police arrest one of three suspects in car prowls across the city
KENNEWICK, Wash. — Despite the arrest of their accomplice, two suspects in a string of car prowls and thefts remain at large in the Tri-Cities. One of the crimes was captured by a Ring surveillance camera, which police hope will help them identify their remaining suspects.
According to a social media alert from the Kennewick Police Department, the vehicle prowls took place on the morning of July 4, 2022 across the west end of the city. The three suspects allegedly stole tools, debit cards and personal items from inside vehicles throughout the area. These debit cards were later used to make fraudulent purchases, KPD stated.
After reviewing the surveillance footage shown above, Kennewick detectives recognized one of the suspects as 30-year-old Tanner Matthews. They obtained a search warrant and executed it at his house on the 2000-block of W 24th Ave, where he was brought into custody.
While inside, KPD officials say they recovered a firearm reported stolen out of Pasco, clothing worn during the vehicle prowls, key fobs for stolen vehicles, and narcotics they believe to be laced with Fentanyl. Tanner was booked on an investigative hold for the following felony charges:
- Theft (Second Degree)
- Unlawful Possession of a Firearm (Second Degree)
- Possession with Intent to Deliver Narcotics
- Possession of Stolen Property (Second Degree)
- Possession of a Stolen Firearm
With Tanner in custody, Kennewick detectives are searching for two more suspects who have yet to be identified. One is a male suspect in long jeans and the other is a female suspect in jeans. Police believe they might be associated with the white truck in the background of the video.
The female suspect, who is seen falling out of one of the vehicles and limping out of view, might still be limping from the fall, KPD officials remarked.
Anyone with information to contribute is urged to call the Kennewick Police Department immediately at 509-628-0333 or submit a tip anonymously online at www.kpdtips.com (cite Case No. 22-049835).
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Crews respond to two fires near Flamingo Village Mobile Home Park
- DUI rollover in Prosser lands four people in the hospital, totals truck
- Fireworks spark Walla Walla house fire, causing $150,000 in damages
- Suspect at large in Sunnyside after car wash shooting injures two people
- Yakima County’s ‘Byron Hill Fire’ extends across 3,200+ acres moving east
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.