Large section of Englewood Ave in Yakima to close Thursday
YAKIMA, Wash. — The City of Yakima has announced that a large section of Englewood Avenue will be closed on Thursday, April 28th, for road repairs.
Englewood Avenue will see lane closures between 53rd Avenue and 56th Avenue between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Thursday. Road crews will remove and replace asphalt during that time.
Flaggers will be on site to direct traffic through detours during the construction times. The City of Yakima wants to remind drivers that the speed limit in traffic related work zones is 20 miles per hour.
Drivers should expect delays due to heavy traffic around the project area on Thursday. The City of Yakima is asking drivers to find alternate routes until road work is completed, if possible.
Local access will be provided for emergency vehicles and residents around the project area.
The closure may affect scheduled garbage pick-up for residents around the work zone. Residents can contact the City of Yakima Refuse Division at (509) 575-6005 for more information.
MORE FROM THE KAPP KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- A site of multiple crashes, Kennewick plans to improve Steptoe-Gage intersection
- Amazon to open Think Big Space in Hermiston
- Kids, teens with Type 1 Diabetes invited to Camp Trios
- Camp leaders announce schedule for Pasco’s week long ‘Cinco de Mayo Festival’ in May
- BCSO searching for 68-year-old after Kennewick house fire
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.