KENNEWICK, Wash. — Four people who were involved in a multi-vehicle crash on the 4800-block of W Clearwater Ave were sent to the hospital as police and first responders worked to clear debris from the busy roadway.
According to a social media alert from the Kennewick Police Department, officers were dispatched to the four-vehicle crash between 10 o’clock and 10:30 a.m. on May 18, 2022. Upon arriving, officers and medics made contact with several drivers who appeared to suffer minor injuries.
Still, the severity of the accident was deemed serious enough that all four of the injured drivers were transported to area hospitals for further evaluation. Each of the drivers is in stable condition with non-life-threatening injuries, according to police officers at the crash site.
Resulting investigations and clean-up efforts kept the eastbound lanes of W Clearwater Ave closed between Yost St and Union St in Kennewick until Noon.
By then, KPD officers completed an investigation into the accident and cited one of the drivers involved with negligent driving to the second degree. The roadway was fully re-opened in both directions at the conclusion of this process, allowing the flow of traffic to return to normal.
No further details regarding the conditions of the crash have been made public at the time this story is being published.
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- 13-year-old Sunnyside gang member booked for Cinco de Mayo shooting
- Naches native & former Kansas goalie killed + husband charged, per police
- Fleet of classic cars visits Yakima County during tour of the Pacific Northwest
- Eastern Washington drug trafficker forced into retirement after third conviction
- Missing woman and her two dogs were stranded in remote stretch of Kennewick for days
COPYRIGHT 2023 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.