Lourdes Medical Center briefly evacuated over electrical fire
PASCO, Wash. — For a brief period on Friday afternoon, medical professionals and patients were evacuated from a wing at Lourdes Medical Center after what officials say was an electrical fire was sparked.
KAPP-KVEW’s Rylee Fitzgerald spoke with Joan White-Wagoner, CEO of Lourdes Health on Friday evening. She confirmed that crews from the Pasco Fire Department, Pasco police officers and EMS personnel were dispatched to Lourdes Medical Center around 4:15 p.m. on Friday, June 10.
Electrical equipment located in a non-patient clinical area of the facility caught fire and threatened to spread to different regions of the critical structure. Due to the severity of the situation, all present individuals were evacuated so that fire crews could focus their efforts on putting the fire out.
By 4:30 p.m., Pasco firefighters located the source of the fire and extinguished the flames. All patients and staff members made it out of the facility without injury. Those seeking care have since been moved back into the facility and operations have resumed as normal.
The cause of the fire has not been revealed as Pasco fire crews work to conduct a formal investigation into the matter.
This is a breaking news story. An update and/or follow-up may be issued if further details are made public.
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- The Public Market at CRW in Kennewick opens to the public!
- Bronze cougar statue “borrowed” from Richland’s Howard Amon Park
- ‘Pineapple Express’ elevates rain, flooding concerns across the Northwest
- Richland Police Bomb Squad takes care of pipe bomb found in Benton County
- There’s flooding in the Umatilla National Forest, what you should know before visiting
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.