Lucian’s family raising money to hire private investigator
YAKIMA, Wash. — It’s been nearly two months since little Lucian Munguia disappeared during a family outing Sept. 10 to Sarg Hubbard Park in Yakima and investigators still haven’t seen any sign of him.
Lucian’s mother Sandra Munguia said that’s why her family has been in contact with private investigators over the past month and a half, to see if any of them would be able to look into her son’s case.
“What they do is they take all of your information, find out what happened and then they look into whatever they can look into to see if they can take on the case,” Munguia said. “And then that’s when they decide okay, I’m gonna take your case, or no, there’s really nothing I can do.”
Munguia said one private investigator has agreed to take it on, but the search may be expensive, as they don’t know how long it might take and such investigators are often paid by the hour.
“As long as it takes to get him home, we’re not going to stop,” Munguia said.
To help raise money to support funding a private investigator and continued search costs, Tailgater’s Bar & Grill in Selah held a bake sale Monday night, with food donated by supportive community members throughout the Yakima Valley.
Munguia said if they’re not able to sell all the baked goods Monday night, they may have a second, smaller bake sale on Tuesday. If there’s still food left after that, she said it will go to families in need at the Yakima YWCA or local homeless shelters like Camp Hope.
The family is offering a $10,000 reward for any information that leads to Lucian’s safe return. If you see something, say something immediately and call 911 or contact the Yakima Police Department at 509-575-6200 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVERAGE OF THE LUCIAN MUNGUIA CASE:
- MISSING BOY SEARCH: Family releases new photos of Yakima boy, civilian search continues
- Child reported missing from Sarg Hubbard Park
- Candlelight vigil held for missing Yakima boy, family, search turned over to county
- Why hasn’t an AMBER Alert been activated for missing Yakima boy?
- Missing Yakima boy’s mother says son loves fish, will come if called
- ‘Please don’t wait’: Missing Yakima boy’s parents speak out, plead for help with search
- ‘Bring Lucian home’: Missing Yakima boy’s family expands search as authorities pull back
- Missing Yakima boy the only child ‘in recent memory’ not to be found, YCSO says
- Divers search Yakima waterways, but no sign of missing 4-year-old
- Yakima PD: Still no evidence of foul play in case of missing 4-year-old, despite social media rumors
- Selah restaurant raises money for missing 4-year-old’s family
- FBI joins the search for missing Yakima boy, bringing new resources
- No sign of missing Yakima boy as his 5th birthday approaches
- Missing Yakima boy sparks discussion about park safety
- WSP: Most of the 49 missing kids in Yakima Co. are runaways, but still missing
- Family of Lucian Munguia offers $10,000 reward for info that brings the Yakima boy home
- ‘He deserves to be with us’: Yakima boy still missing, but not forgotten on 5th birthday
- Yakima’s Lucian Munguia to be featured on national John Walsh show
- Search for Lucian Munguia uncovers illegal underground bunker
- Yakima police chief backtracks on claim of video showing missing 5-year-old boy
- ‘I apologize’: YPD Chief on KAPP-KVEW’s push for video evidence in Lucian case
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.