Man accused of huffing aerosol, passing out near bus stop with his butt exposed

Man accused of huffing aerosol, passing out near bus stop with his butt exposed

On Friday morning, Kennewick police arrested a man who allegedly passed out on the ground near a bus stop with his butt exposed.

Police received a call around 8:15 a.m. saying the man was across the street from a bus stop where children were waiting for their ride to school near West 45th Avenue and South Quincy Street.

At one point, the man reportedly “woke up, took a hit off an aerosol can, breathed in the fumes and then passed out again,” said police spokesman Sgt. Aaron Clem.

Officers arrived to find 35-year-old Daniel Charles Penselin lying face down with his butt exposed.

Penselin was booked at the Benton County Jail on misdemeanor charges of indecent exposure and fumes sniffing.

The police department wants to remind the public that huffing toxic chemicals is bad for your health, and anyone in need of treatment services should call 2-1-1.

Be the first to know with the YakTriNews app. Breaking news alerts, watch live newscasts and get the most up-to-date local news on the go. Click here to download for iOS and Android.

Comments

comments