Man in critical condition after being run over in Kennewick parking lot, police say
KENNEWICK, Wash. — A 49-year-old man is in critical condition after he was run over by a car in a Kennewick parking lot Thursday evening, according to the Kennewick Police Department.
Officers responded to a call right before 5:15 p.m. to reports of an injury collision in the 1200-block of N Columbia Center Blvd. by Shari’s Restaurant and Ulta Beauty, a news release said.
Police said when they arrived on the scene, they found a vehicle on top of the victim.
That’s when officers and other witnesses sprang into action, lifting it off of him and then performing live-saving measures until paramedics from the Kennewick Fire Department arrived, the release said.
The 21-year-old driver remained on the scene and was cooperative, officials said.
“At this time, the preliminary investigation details revealed this collision occurred at low speeds and the victim male had been
laying in the parking lot before being run over,” the release said.
Police said if you saw the incident or have any further information, to contact the non-emergency number at 509-628-0333.
The names of the victim and the driver are not being released at this time.
This is a breaking news story and will be updated accordingly.
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Wapato resident fatally stabbed by men who knocked on door, demanded money
- Record gas prices a financial burden for Yakima families seeking cancer treatment in Seattle
- New state grant allows Benton County drug possession convictions to be expunged off of record
- Union Gap Police: Domestic violence murder suspect in custody for allegedly forcing victim from car & fleeing
- 13-year-old Sunnyside gang member booked for Cinco de Mayo shooting
- Yakima County’s drug traffickers a main target for FBI task force
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.