Multiple injury collision in Grant County claimed one life, blocked roadway for hours
QUINCY, Wash. — One victim has died and several others are seriously injured following a Friday morning collision involving several vehicles off I-90 in a rural stretch of Grant County.
According to an emergency alert from the Office of Grant County Sheriff Tom Jones, the accident took place early on May 13, 2022, near the intersection of Adams Rd N & S Frontage Rd NW in Quincy.
Though a specific number of vehicles was not detailed, it’s clear that a handful of cars and a school bus were involved in the accident.
With that in mind, the Sheriff was quick to note that the school bus was not carrying children—but instead, a group of farmworkers; several of whom were hurt in the crash.
After being evaluated by first responders and medics at the scene, wounded victims were transported to nearby hospitals to be treated for their injuries.
One person was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident. That person has not been publically identified by authorities in the wake of this crash.
This is a breaking news story. An update and/or follow-up will be issued if further details are publically revealed.
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- College Place police crackdown on thieves caught stealing from Home Depot
- Prosser porch pirates caught after running from Benton County law enforcement
- ZZ Top, Maren Morris, other musicians slated to perform this summer in Walla Walla
- Ben Franklin Transit allows Tri-Cities youth to ride the bus for free through this summer
- “Terrifying and frustrating:’ Richland family sees effects of nationwide baby formula shortage
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.