Naches man lost control of his car, rolled off roadway in fatal accident on U.S. 12
YAKIMA, Wash. — State Troopers and first responders rushed to the scene of a fatal rollover accident on U.S. Highway 12 near Naches on Thursday afternoon that claimed the life of one male driver.
According to a memo issued by the Washington State Patrol (WSP), authorities were alerted to the accident around 4:24 p.m. PST on May 12, 2022. A 42-year-old Naches, WA man was driving westbound on U.S. 12, roughly two miles east of Naches, when he lost control of his 2015 Kia Optima.
After investigating this accident, WSP Troopers determined that the man rolled off the side of the roadway, totaling his vehicle. The driver, who was not wearing his seatbelt at the time of the accident, sustained serious injuries at the scene.
Despite the efforts of first responders, the victim was proclaimed dead at the crash site. His next of kin was notified and shortly after, State Troopers identified him as Anthony C. Fluaitt.
No other vehicles were involved in this accident and there were no other passengers in the sedan. It’s unclear what specifically caused Mr. Fluaitt to lose control of his vehicle and veer off the road, but WSP Troopers are still investigating to piece that part of the fatal accident together.
This is a breaking news story. An update and/or follow-up may be issued once further details are publically revealed.
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Judge rules recall can proceed against three Richland School Board members
- ZZ Top, Maren Morris, other musicians slated to perform this summer in Walla Walla
- ‘I felt helpless’: Yakima homeowners take advantage of Wildfire Ready Neighbors program
- “Terrifying and frustrating:’ Richland family sees effects of nationwide baby formula shortage
- REPORT: Median rent price spikes by shocking amount in Yakima, followed by Kennewick/Richland
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.