UMATILLA CO., Ore. - A 16-year-old boy died in a single-car crash in Umatilla County early Tuesday morning. Two other teenagers were injured, and one of them was flown to a hospital by helicopter.
Multiple agencies responded to Wildhorse Road between mileposts 3 and 4 near the border of the Umatilla Indian Reservation at about 2:40 a.m., according to the Umatilla County Sheriff's Office.
They learned that Logan Foster, 18, of Weston was driving 1997 Ford Thunderbird when he went off the road, down an embankment and hit a tree.
A 16-year-old male passenger was thrown from the vehicle and died at the scene. A 15-year-old female passenger was injured and transported by ambulance to a Life Flight landing zone before she was flown to hospital. Foster was transported to a local hospital by ambulance.
The medical condition of the surviving patients has not been released.
The Umatilla County Sheriff's Office is investigating.
- Man fatally shot by officers in Toppenish identified; police say he had a knife
- Stocks flying high on trade optimism, investors still concerned
- Firefighter who died in Columbia River described as inspirational, caring and loving
- Kittitas Co. deputies say an accused child molester is on the run
- PG&E to pay $1 billion to governments for wildfire damage