WAPATO, Wash. -- Deputies say an 18-year-old Buena man died several days after he crashed a minivan into another vehicle on Labor Day, causing the minivan to roll into a canal at Kays Road and Lateral A Road.
The Yakima County Sheriff's Office says Alfredo Hernandez-Arriaga was driving eastbound on Kays Road at about 9:21 p.m. when he failed to stop at a stop sign and struck a Toyota FJ Cruiser with his Dodge Caravan.
The Dodge rolled onto its top, coming to a rest halfway submerged in the canal.
Citizens pulled Hernandez-Arriaga out of the Dodge and began to perform CPR until deputies and Yakima Nation Tribal Police arrived. He was transported to Astria Regional Hospital where he died Saturday, Sept. 7.
The driver and passenger of the Toyota were injured and transported to Yakima Memorial Hospital. The driver had broken arm and ribs, while the passenger only had scrapes and bruises.
- Vinyl expected to outsell CDs by end of the year
- Drunk driver speeding to pick up child blows a 0.25 during Kennewick traffic stop
- Military aircraft lands off runway at Virginia airport
- Walla Walla PD gives 'all clear' after suspicious object found outside Providence St. Mary
- Driver, passenger escape as vehicle catches fire in Pasco