HERMISTON, Ore. - A Hermiston man has been charged with murder for the shooting death of 26-year-old Erik Navarrete in June 2018.
Hermiston police say David Edgar Sommerville, 19, was arrested on March 26 for possession of methamphetamine and carrying a concealed weapon among other charges, all of which were not related to the homicide.
On Wednesday, the Navarrete case was presented before a grand jury in Umatilla County. The grand jury returned an indictment accusing Sommerville of aggravated murder, felony murder, two counts of unlawful use of a weapon and first-degree robbery.
Other suspects are expected to be arrested for their roles in the homicide in coming days, police said.
The 26-year-old victim was shot in the 500 block of Hartley Avenue on June 4, 2018. He was flown to Kadlec Regional Medical Center in Richland where he stayed for several days before being taken off life support.
- Brands beef about who has best chicken sandwich
- Local leaders call for Rep. Matt Shea's resignation on heels of Guardian report
- New report outlines Yakima's role in detention and deportation pipeline
- Pasco PD: Victim helps police set up man who stole his motorcycle
- Kennewick teachers say they want to be paid as much as teachers in Pasco, Richland