SUNNYSIDE, Wash. - Two Sunnyside residents were arrested Tuesday for allegedly housing a shooting suspect.
The alleged shooter, 25-year-old Daniel Solis, remains at large. He’s accused of shooting a man in a passing car while driving eastbound on Interstate 82 near Prosser early Sunday morning. The victim was struck in the head and was released from the hospital, according to the Benton County Sheriff's Office.
On Tuesday, deputies said Joshua Daniel Foster and Jessica Trinidad Ruiz were arrested for letting Solis stay at their home for the past two days, the sheriff's office said.
Foster and Ruiz were booked at the Benton County Jail on suspicion of rendering criminal assistance, which is a felony.
Solis is believed to have left in a black, 2017 four-door Honda Accord with license plate MC07147. He was last seen westbound from Sunnyside, but his current whereabouts are unknown.
Anyone with information should call the Benton County Sheriff’s Office at 509-628-0333.
The case remains under investigation.
- At lease one shooting, two gunshot victims Saturday night in Yakima
- Firefighters investigating cause of a residential fire in Richland
- Advocates already see fallout from immigration rule change
- Firefighters working on burn out operations at a fire near Meals and Ayers Rd
- Judge blocks killing of surviving wolf pack member