BAKER COUNTY, Ore. -- A Baker City man died on Wednesday after crashing his car into a canal along Highway 7.
Evan Simonski-Davis, 25, was driving southbound on Highway 7 near milepost 44 when his Toyota SUV left the road, hit a rock and rolled into the canal.
Oregon State Police were called to the scene at about 3:30 p.m. Simonski-Davis had not been wearing a seatbelt and was pronounced dead on arrival.
Troopers say excessive speed is believed to be a factor.
The Baker City Fire Department and Baker County Sheriff's Office assisted troopers at the scene.
- Greatest 'Jeopardy!' contestants of all time to face off in January
- Camel, cow, donkey found roaming together along Kansas road
- Apple Store employee texted himself customer's intimate photo
- Deputies released from hospital after shooting incident that killed a Pasco man
- Bail set at $30,000 for woman accused of 'reckless endangerment' in 100 mph car chase