KENNEWICK, Wash. - A 3-year-old boy was hit by a car in the parking lot outside Ross off Canal Drive Friday afternoon.
Kennewick Police Sgt. Jason Kiel said the child moved in front of a Jeep as it was pulling out of a parking space. The driver couldn't see the child and struck him, causing him to go under the car.
Sgt. Kiel said the boy had some scrapes and was taken to a local hospital as a safety precaution. The driver is cooperating with police.
Officers responded to the scene at about 12:37 p.m. They said the boy was near his parents but not right next to them.
The parents could potentially be cited for failure to supervise, Sgt. Kiel said.
- At lease one shooting, two gunshot victims Saturday night in Yakima
- Firefighters investigating cause of a residential fire in Richland
- Advocates already see fallout from immigration rule change
- Firefighters working on burn out operations at a fire near Meals and Ayers Rd
- Judge blocks killing of surviving wolf pack member