GEORGE, Wash. - Deputies said they arrested 38 drug dealers on 97 felony charges during a large music festival at the Gorge Amphitheater over the weekend.
Paradiso Festival brings thousands of electronic dance music fans to the outdoor venue near George, Washington every summer.
And while finding drugs at an EDM festival isn't exactly shocking, the amount of drugs involved in these busts is probably enough to raise a few eyebrows.
During the arrests, authorities seized molly, LSD, psilocybin mushrooms, cocaine, steroids and ketamine. They also seized thousands of dollars in cash and one handgun.
"All were drug-dealing quantity busts, not simple possession-size busts," the sheriff's office said in a Facebook post.
Sheriff's office spokesman Kyle Foreman said the predominant drug seized was molly, which is also referred to as ecstasy.
"That seems to be the drug of choice for some concertgoers who attend EDM music festivals," Foreman said.
Other agencies involved in the arrests were the Moses Lake Police Department, Yakima Police Department, Yakima County Sheriff's Office, Adams County Sheriff's Office, Washington State Patrol and Homeland Security Investigations.
- California governor rejects PG&E's plan
- Woman discovers $37 million deposited into her personal bank account
- Pasco Chamber of Commerce putting local nonprofits on display
- Franklin County deputies involved in fatal shooting return to work
- White Pass opens Saturday after getting 18 inches of snow in 24 hours